Spring Means Severe Weather – So Get Prepared!
The season of severe weather is upon North Texas. Recent storms already have caused significant damages across the region with over a billion dollars in damaged roofs and automobile hail damage claims – and it is still early in the season! Storm damaged roofs can cause a myriad of issues in your home ranging from roof leaks to water trapped in walls. After a storm, be sure to check your roof for signs of damage using our tips.
Also, take a moment to consider how prepared you are for severe weather this storm season. Here are some great tips from the American Red Cross to make sure you are covered:
- During any storm, listen to local news or a NOAA Weather Radio to stay informed about watches and warnings.
- Know your community’s warning system. Communities have different ways of warning residents about tornados, with many having sirens intended for outdoor warning purposes.
- Pick a safe room in your home where household members and pets may gather during a tornado. This should be closet, storm cellar or an interior room on the lowest floor with no windows.
- Practice periodic tornado drills so that everyone knows what to do if a tornado is approaching.
- Consider having your safe room reinforced. Plans for reinforcing an interior room to provide better protection can be found at fema.gov.
- Prepare for high winds by removing diseased and damaged limbs from trees.
- Move or secure lawn furniture, trash cans, hanging plants or anything else that can be picked up by the wind and become a projectile.
Watch for tornado danger signs:
- Dark, often greenish clouds—a phenomenon caused by hail
- Wall cloud—an isolated lowering of the base of a thunderstorm
- Cloud of debris
- Large hail
- Funnel cloud—a visible rotating extension of the cloud base
- Roaring noise
Floors To Ceiling Restoration is a Dallas, Texas property damage restoration company specializing in WATER, FIRE, and STORM damage repair. If you have storm damage, contact us to get started! We restore, rebuild, and remodel residential and commercial properties throughout the Dallas area.