Stay Safe this Fourth of July
The 4th of July weekend is typically filled with fun, food, festivities, and of course – fireworks! Stay safe this holiday weekend with a few tips from Floors to Ceiling Restoration.
Did you know that over 50,000 fires are caused every year by fireworks? You can avoid damage and injuries by:
- Never attempting to make your own fireworks
- Not disassembling fireworks.
- Not directing sparklers or fireworks at yourself, others, your home, or someone else’s property.
- Lighting fireworks on the ground and only in areas that are dry and fire resistant. Check with your county to see if there is a burn ban in effect.
- Not lighting multiple fireworks at the same time.
- Not allowing children to handle fireworks or sparklers.
- Keeping a fire extinguisher nearby, as well as a hose and a bucket of water to put out fires and thoroughly ensure all fireworks or sparklers are completely extinguished.
Almost 9,000 fires occur each year in the United States as a result of grilling. Grill safe with these tips:
- Maintain your grill to prevent leaks, blocked tubes, and propane tank issues.
- Be sure to check gas grill hoses for cracks, holes, or leaks.
- Keep children away from grills.
- NEVER grill indoors, in the garage, in any enclosed area.
- Ensure your grill is at least three feet away from decks, siding, landscaping/branches, or any flammable item that can catch fire quickly.
Other Safety Tips:
- Do not drink and drive – stay safe!
- Review safe boating practices (and do not consume alcohol while driving a boat).
- Set water safety rules for your family and use life jackets when on the water.
We hope you have a safe and fun-filled Fourth! If you do suffer fire or smoke damage, give us a call to repair it all! Our skilled and professional crew can beautifully rebuild and reconstruct your property inside and out! Floors To Ceiling Restoration is a full service fire and smoke damage restoration contractor. Upon completing the fire and smoke damage cleanup, we perform a complete rebuild and reconstruction of your property. We offer drywall and texture installation, interior/exterior painting, floor installation and repair, new insulation, framing carpentry, roof board-up/repair, and full roof replacement.
Experiencing a fire is a traumatic experience – but the restoration process shouldn’t be! Floors To Ceiling Restoration offers a competent team of professionals available 24/7 to handle your fire and smoke damage needs. We will save you time and money and get you back to your home or business in record time – guaranteed!